Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Dark Chocolate Soufflé

I made dark chocolate soufflés several weeks ago with one of my close baking buddies. I realize that I am uploading these pictures rather late, but better late than never! Follow me through my baking journey:

SPOONED INTO BUTTERED RAMEKINS(UNBAKED)
















STRAIGHT OUT OF THE OVEN, DUSTED WITH CONFECTIONER'S SUGAR(BAKED)






The recipe I used was directly from "Chocolate", a 2002 confection-filled cookbook by Linda Collister. Collister has written other chocolate-praising cookbooks ("Chocolate Temptations" and "Heavenly Chocolate"), both of which are internationally regarded as bestsellers. The book that I own, "Chocolate", contains absolutely gorgeous photography, easy-to-follow instructions, and a huge variety of recipes using chocolate as the star ingredient. I would consider every recipe in the book sophisticated and gourmet, but not to an extreme level. Everything can be easily replicated, assuming that you have basic baking skills, of course. This being said, the chocolate soufflé recipe from the book was not all that difficult to execute. I have always connoted soufflés with top star bakers and French cuisine. Still, I have always wanted to bake a soufflé. Soufflés have a reputation for having an unbelievably light consistency, almost like angel food cake, and a stunning appearance. Collister's soufflé recipe made French cuisine seem as easy as pie. I had a wonderful baking experience! Thanks Linda for your insight!

1 comment: